Brendan Bell has cleared waivers and will start the season in Peoria – which is a bit of a relief. Personally, I’m very glad nobody picked him up.
Some other news from today:
- Jeremy Rutherford is reporting that Cam Janssen is the current leader in the Blues shootout drill. Andy Murray told the players at the beginning of the week that the winner of the shootout drills would be “guaranteed” a spot in the shootout when the season begins. I bet you’re sweating a bit now, Mr Murray! Janssen has spent the summer working on his stickhandling and puck skills – he’s also been practising shootouts with Erik Johnson.
- Rumour is that Sydor has done enough to warrant a possible contract offer. It remains to be seen whether this is true but the 2 available defense places are now being fought over between Sydor, Pietrangelo, Strachan and Junland.
- David Perron is now on Twitter – you can follow him at DP_57
- The Blues are allowed to take three goalies to Sweden. Those three will be Chris Mason, Ty Conklin and Ben Bishop. Bishop has had an excellent training camp and has really improved since last year.
- The Annual St Louis Blues 14 Fund Golf Classic was held on Tuesday at Meadowbrook Country Club in Ballwin. A write up and photo gallery from the event can be found on Blues Website – Features