[picapp src=”5/a/8/1/St_Louis_Blues_568f.jpg?adImageId=6103318&imageId=6843482″ width=”380″ height=”256″ /]
Paul Kariya congratulates Ty Conklin on his first shutout as a Blue.
The Blues are back – this was the team we’ve been waiting for. A good first period and the Blues were 1-0 up following a goal by Patrik Berglund. Oshie’s shot hit the post and Berglund was there to shoot in the rebound. The fact that the score stayed 1-0 through the period was down to Ty Conklin. He was strong in net, making a great save to deny Corey Perry following a turnover by the Blues. Ducks had three powerplays in the first period but due to the Blues great defense and Conklin’s strength in goal, they failed to capitalise.
More of the same was the order of the day in the second period and the Blues duly delivered. Carlo Colaiacovo scored 2.35 into P2 with a powerplay goal from the blueline. Minutes later, former Duck Andy McDonald got in on the action, his goal chasing Hiller from the net to be replaced by Giguere. Hiller allowed 3 goals on 12 shots. Eric Johnson got an assist on McDonald’s goal with a neat backhanded centering pass from behind the net. 3-0 at the end of period 2 – who would have guessed that before the game?
It only took 23 seconds of the third period for the Blues to extend their lead. A terrific pass from Brad Boyes across ice to Andy McDonald who made no mistake and netted his second of the game. The Blues tied things up 11 minutes later when Keith Tkachuk did an eyebrow raising 360 degree spin and TJ Oshie knocked in the rebound.
Game reports and quick hits:
- Foxsports has the Associated Press writeup.
- Jeremy Rutherford talks to Andy McDonald and Ty Conklin in his game report.
- Congratulations to Ty Conklin on his first shutout as a Blue. Conklin has been unbeaten against the Ducks now going 4-0 against them.
- TJ Oshie got his first goal of the season – let’s hope it’s the first of many.
- Cam Janssen got almost 7 minutes of ice time tonight – showing his improved skating and puckhandling.
- Game Highlights on the Blues Official Site Check out some of Conklin’s saves and have a little grin at Keith Tkachuk’s 360 degree spin.
Good to see the Blues offense finally clicking but one of the things you can take from the game is that the Blues finally have a good goaltending tandem. We have two goalies in whom the Blues can have confidence – and that will give us a chance in every game.