[picapp src=”3/2/6/f/Blues_vs_Stars_78ae.JPG?adImageId=6580076&imageId=6907856″ width=”380″ height=”532″ /]
BJ Crombeen takes exception to an awful knee to knee hit from Steve Ott
Well what can you say? The Blues lost focus after some dreadful hits by Steve Ott and some equally dreadful officiating. I have no idea what game the officials were watching but it didn’t seem to be the one on the ice in front of them. Anyway – game reports:
- St Louis Game Time with an excellent round up of the salient points from the game.
- Jeremy Rutherford at the Post-Dispatch with game report and quotes from players and coaches.
- The Blues Official Site has the usual report and video highlights. Plus an audio interview with Andy Murray.
Other points from last night’s game as the Blues injury crisis seems to just grow and grow:
- DJ King fought and destroyed Krys Barch a few seconds into his first shift of the game. King went straight to the locker room after the fight and it’s been reported that he has an “upper body injury”. Andy Strickland is reporting that King may have broken his hand.
- Carlo Colaiacovo also has an “upper body injury” after leaving the game following a low and questionable hit from Steve Ott. The hit caused a melee and, amazingly, Pietrangelo was penalised four minutes for roughing whereas Ott escaped being penalised for the hit and instead merely got a two minute fighting minor.
- BJ Crombeen and Steve Ott squared off after another very questionable knee to knee hit by Ott. Crombeen, the victim of the knee to knee hit, was given an instigator penalty plus a game misconduct.
- Cam Jansson also picked up a game misconduct late in the game after “roughing” former Blue, Jeff Woywitka.
- The Blues finished the game with only 14 skaters following King and Carlaiacovo’s injuries and Janssen and Crombeen’s misconducts.
Yes, the Blues lost focus. But, good lord, what are those refs still doing in the NHL? What is Steve Ott still doing in the NHL? Let’s hope Ott’s conduct during this game is investigated by the NHL and he’s penalised acccordingly.