[picapp align=”none” wrap=”false” link=”term=eric+brewer&iid=7000664″ src=”3/8/0/b/St_Louis_Blues_bfb9.JPG?adImageId=7859705&imageId=7000664″ width=”500″ height=”333″ /]
Okay, so it needed a shootout to get the extra point but this means that the Blues have won 3 of their last 4 games. Some more good points:
- The Blues scored a goal on the powerplay – snapping a 0-19 streak.
- David Backes finally broke through – registering a goal and an assist.
- TJ Oshie also registered a goal and an assist.
- Cam Janssen faced off with Krys Barch in the first few minutes of the game.
- Eric Brewer -normally such a mild mannered guy on ice – took exception to Steve Ott (and really…who wouldn’t?) late in the second period and the two fought/wrestled until the refs stepped in.
It wasn’t perfect – but it was a win. Both teams had over 30 shots on goal – the Blues with 38 and Dallas with 37. Ty Conklin made some excellent saves and came good in the shootout to give the Blues their first shootout win of the season. So, here are some game reports for you:
- St Louis Game Time again sums things up in their own inimitable way.
- Dan O’Neill in the St Louis Post Dispatch recaps the game with comments from Andy Murray and David Backes.
- The Blues Official Site has highlights from the game, postgame interviews and it’s own game recap.
The Blues captain, Eric Brewer, receives more than his fair share of brickbats…so it’s about time he got a bouquet for doing what a Captain should and standing up strong against players like Steve Ott: