A great start to the season for the Blues and a number of “firsts” being registered by the team:
- Ty Conklin saved 27 shots last night to give the Blues their first ever shutout against the New York Rangers.
- The Blues now have 4 shutouts over 12 games. Halak has 3 and Conklin has 1 – a new team record.
- The Blues are currently on a 7 game winning streak. The previous highest win streak was 9 games in 2002.
- The Blues start of 9-1-2 is a franchise record over 12 games.
- Brad Boyes currently leads the NHL in shootout goals.
Other highlights include:
- Alex Pietrangelo’s first multipoint game with two assists against San Jose.
- Vladimir Sobotka scored his first goal as a Blue – against his former team, Boston Bruins.
- Jaroslav Halak has twice been named an NHL Star of the Week and currently has won 8 out of 10 games played with a .944 SV% and 1.46 GAA. He is currently 1st in number of wins and number of shutouts (tied with Tim Thomas).